Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Elly is 17 months!

I cannot believe my baby girl is 17 months old today!  She is growing so fast and never fails to amaze me!  I'm going to try to post what Elly is up to each month...I wish I had done this from the beginning (I have it written down, but wish it was on here and recorded better), but better late than never!  Maybe I should change the title of this blog to that lol...I've been saying it an awful lot! 

Elly at 17 months
I almost forgot to take a picture today so this is tonight in her PJ's before bed.  It is so hard to get her to stop for a picture these day so this is the best I could do!


  • Elly is between 21-22 lbs, wears size 18 month clothes, size 6 shoes, and size 3 diapers still
  • She just got her 16th tooth and these last 4 eye and stomach teeth have been the absolute worst of all her teeth.  None of her teeth have been easy but these have by far been the hardest. 
  • She has pretty successfully made the switch to one nap a day, which is a welcome change for me.  I know most people dread it, but she never really had a nap schedule before and now she seems to have falled into a pattern of a 2-3 hour nap somewhere between 12 and 3!
  • She typically sleeps through the night in her crib, but will wake up around 5-6 AM and then I bring her to our bed and she will sleep until 7 or 8.  I love this and kinda have the best of both worlds with this routine!  I think she had such a hard time getting out of our bed and into hers because I secretly enjoyed her sleeping all cuddled up to me all night and didn't push her out as hard as I could've...shh don't tell Casey!  That is very tiring though to a nursing mom (I became an all night baby buffet!) so while I miss it, I am definitely enjoying my uninterrupted sleep now!  And I still get some cuddle time in the mornings!
  • She still eats anything and everything, including spicy foods and beets!  I don't think I've ever given her anything she turned away.  She loves cheese...it's probably her favorite...any way it comes, she'll take it, especially string cheese!  Bananas, blueberries, grapes, yogurt, animal crackers, goldfish, scrambled eggs, beans of any kind, green beans, carrots, peas, and the occasional fruit snacks top the list!  Also, she has learned to neatly "dip".  Today at the basketball game, we shared some nachos and she so perfectly dipped her chips into the spicy cheese and barely made a mess at all!  She loved it!  Oh and I've just recently started giving her juice and she loves loves loves orange juice!  It's still watered down and I limit it to one cup a day (which is probably only 3ish oz of juice)...yes I'm one of those moms!
  • She is running and climbing all over the place.  She has figured out that if she can't reach something, she can get her step stool to help her out!  She also can open door handles which is kinda scary...we're gonna have to invest in some new babyproofing items!
  • She loves baby dolls and all the Sesame Street characters, especially Abby Cadabby, but she's been on an Ernie kick lately!
  • Other than Sesame Street and occasionally Dora, TV and movies do not keep her attention at all, which is perfectly fine with me! 
  • She knows all her animal sounds, including "gobble" for turkey which we keep practicing for Thanksgiving!  Not an animal, but she just learned what Santa says, "Ho Ho"...we are still working on that third Ho!
  • She points to and names almost all her body parts including knees, chin, neck, cheeks, fingers, toes, arms, legs, foot, hand, plus all the regular ones.
  • She loves to pray!  She will put her hands together and name all the names she knows, inlcuding the doggie! At the end, she always says, "Amen"!
  •  She appropriately answers yes and no to questions
  • Her vocabulary continues to amaze me and she has been pretty consistent with putting words together lately.  She will repeat just about anything you tell her to if she's in the right mood and says new words every day so I have no clue how many words she can say.  Words I hear all the time...mommy, daddy, mamaw, papaw, grammy, grandma, grandpa (Tanner), Neal, doggie, babies, milk, juice, cheese, crackers, cookies, yes, no, please, bye bye, car, play, pray, up, down, on, off, shoes, socks, bow, diaper, pee pee, poo poo (even though she's not been going on the potty anymore), ok, toys, night night, I could keep going, those are just the ones off the top of my head. 
  • She loves her music class still and is finally learning the actions to the songs (I think she's known them for a long time, she's just now started doing them in class).  She will "sing" in the microphone when it's her turn most of the time.  At home, she sings in her Dora microphone all the time while dancing! 
  • She has been enjoying the ball games...she loves finding the mascot and will yell "doggie" and she dances when the band plays and claps at the right times!  She also is very intrigued by the cheerleaders, which makes me proud!
It seems like I could just keep going, so I will leave you with that and one more picture from tonight


No comments:

Post a Comment