Wednesday, March 16, 2011

November 2010

Yes I realize it is March, but as expected, I haven't kept up with my blog so I'm going to go back in time and do a little catch up.  Just hitting the highlights of each month. :)

November was a full month of more football, Casey's 29th Birthday, Thanksgiving, and preparing for Christmas. 

Mommy & Elly at a game


Happy Birthday Daddy!  Dirt Cake...Yum-O!

Casey got a blu-ray player for his birthday and couldn't wait to go buy some new movies.  He came home with several for himself but the one he was most excited about was the Christmas Classic 3 pack which included the original versions of Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, and Santa Claus is Comin to Town...all in blu ray!  We were both so excited to watch them with Elly.  Oh the things that make us smile these days!

First Movie Night, watching Rudolph! Complete with popcorn!

Elly dancing to the songs!


Next up, Thanksgiving!  And yes, we were watching Christmas movies BEFORE Thanksgiving!  Christmas is kinda a big deal around our house and we start early!  But...as far as Thanksgiving...Elly got to enjoy my favorite tradition of the day this year - watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  I decided this year that I WILL go to that parade some year very soon!  Not sure how with Casey's schedule, but I WILL make it work!  While watching the parade, I did all my cooking for places we were going and made my first ever Chocolate Meringue Pie. 
Casey's family always has a chocolate pie at most of their holidays and for some reason I got ambitious and decided to give it a try this year!  I definitely don't think it lived up to Grandma Hale's version, but everyone seemed to like it!  I did not!  This was the real deal chocolate...not pudding...way too bitter for me! 

While cooking and watching the parade, our "pet" turkeys appropriately made a visit to our backyard on Turkey Day!  These turkeys travel all across the neighborhood and in the fields behind our house and pass through our backyard daily.  Today, they got pretty close!  They were actually even closer but I didn't get my camera in time.  They are such an everyday occurence I didn't think much of it until I realized it was Thanksgiving haha!  Elly loves these turkeys!  She announces to us everytime she see's them...she's the first one to spot them a lot of the time!  There's usually between 30-40 of them!

And finally, Our Family on Thanksgiving 2010
(This was at my mom's house...notice the tree...see I'm not the only one!  Wonder where I got it?!!)

On to decorating our own home.  Casey bringing in the tree and giving Elly a ride!

And one final picture....Elly cleaning up after bringing the tree in. She's such a big helper!

I'll post our decorated Christmas tree and other decorations in my December post.  Looking back, November was a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment