Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shopping Trip

Last weekend I had the pleasure of getting to hang out with my BFF Lindsay for a little bit!  This is a rare event for us anymore so it was exciting!  She brought Fisher and I brought Elly and by the end of the day we were reminded why we don't get to do this very often these days!  Our main goal was to do a little shopping and I think it was a pretty successful trip.  I've learned to shop and eat faster since having a baby that's for sure!  No more walking all around the stores looking at everything and taking forever to eat my food!  I wanted to finish up our Easter outfits and Lindsay had a good coupon so it worked out well!

  I snapped a few pics of Elly before we left because I just thought she looked extra cute that day!

On the way there, Elly and Fisher kept holding hands.  So sweet!  I'm pretty sure these two will be married someday if his brother doesn't beat him to it!

It made sense for Lindsay to drive since she already had 2 carseats in her car so Elly got to ride in Carter's seat.  This was a big deal for her as it was her first time riding forward facing!  She thought it was pretty cool that she could watch movies while riding in the car!  When we would get back in the car, she'd say, "TV on" !  I was afraid she may not want to go back into her rear facing car seat, but she hasn't seemed to mind.  Every once in a while though she'll talk about riding in Carter's seat and watching TV!  A few more months baby girl and you can do that all the time!  Blame your crazy momma!  Here she is very focused on the movie!

After shopping, we ate lunch at Chili's.  Elly wasn't the best behaved and I was worn out by the time we were done!  Apparently the kiddos were too! They both slept the whole way home!

Aren't they just so precious!  I am so blessed to have such a good friend who's in the same season of life as me!  I hope our kids grow up to be as good of friends as we are...you know that is if they don't get married!

While we were out that day we made the mistake of talking about ER visits and how Lindsay hadn't had to take Carter to the ER yet.  As soon as we said it, we both said, "we shouldn't of said that."  So guess what?...Just a few days later, Carter fell and hit his head on a TV stand and had to go to the ER to get stitches.  After he did it, Lindsay stopped by my house to have me look at it to see if I thought he needed stitches.  I took one look and knew he did.  Lindsay was by herself and I was afraid Carter would freak out at the ER so I insisted on going with them.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that they didn't need me at all!  Carter did wonderful despite having to wait what seemed like FOREVER!  He barely even flinched when he got the lidocaine shots and then held perfectly still for the stitches!  He is just so grown up and brave! Here's a silly picture of him waiting for the doctor to come in.


Lesson learned - don't ever talk about how you haven't had to take your kid to the ER yet!  Regardless, I'm thankful for all the time I got to spend with my BFF and her boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment