Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 2011

Yay!  I'm posting about March and it's actually March!  This month started with spending another weekend in St. Louis for the MVC tournament.  SIU had a tough loss and didn't make it past Friday, but we still had a good time.  My mom went up with us to watch Elly during the games and dinners.  We are so fortunate to have grandparents close by that are willing to help as much as they do!  The last night we were there, Elly woke up with a horrible cough. I didn't think much of it until 2 days later when she started running a 103 fever.  Still didn't think much of it, just figured she caught a virus.  A few days later she developed a double ear infection, and then the next day her cough just kept getting worse, she was breathing so fast and it ended up turning into pneumonia!.  It was the sickest Elly's ever been!  I hated to see her like that.  She was so pale, had those glassy eyes, and didn't want to do anything but lay around which is so not like her.  Finally after about 3 days on antibiotics, the fever broke and her lungs started sounding better.  I never did take her to the doctor for any of that.  It is nice that I can diagnose her myself but I sure don't like it.  I think if she ever gets sick that bad again, I'm just going to play mommy and leave the doctoring up to someone else!  But all is well and we are so thankful to have her up and running around and have her full appetite back! 

So since basketball is over, we have been enjoying having the last few weekends free!  The first ones since probably last August!  I love going to all the games, but I am always so ready for this time of year to roll around!  It is nice to have Casey home more..I know Elly likes having him around!  The weather has been so nice here so we've been playing outside a lot and going on lots of walks!  I was excited to see dirt in the bottom of the bathtub after Elly's bath the other night!  I love when she has the chance to play hard and get dirty!

Here's a few pictures from this past weekend.  Casey had poker night again at our house and a couple of the wives were able to come hang out too!  Here's Elly and Jackson enjoying a cookie!

And a close up of Elly's chocolate covered face!

These are from Joe and Debbie's house this past Sunday.  We went out there for lunch and Elly had a blast riding her tractor and playing outside!


Alright, so now I'm all caught up!  I am really going to try to keep this updated more regularly from here on out!  We shall see how that works out for me! 

1 comment: