Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

For Valentine's Day this year, we decided to do a little craft and make valentine's for the grandparents and a few other special people.  I was so impressed with how well Elly did making her handprints.  I let her do it in SIU colors for Father's Day last year to make a picture for Casey's office and it was one huge mess!  Cute, but messy!  This time she sat so still and put her hands where I told her!  She's growing up!



Here's the valentine's we made!  I thought they turned out pretty cute!

This was the Sunday before Valentine's Day.  I got this outfit from a lady on facebook that makes the cutest things.  This was actually a used outfit so I got a great deal on it!  I thought Elly looked so cute and she got tons of compliments.  I got asked all day if I made her outfit...I wish!  Maybe someday!  In the meantime, we will definitely be buying more from Lois Jean's Linens.  I have no idea how to make that a link but she's on facebook under that name!


My best attempts at getting some pictures that morning!


Valentine's Day was on a Monday this year so unfortunately we had to go to work, but somehow I managed to get up early enough to make these hot pink chocolate chip pancakes!  It was a mix, don't be too impressed!

I used a cookie cutter to cut one into a heart for Elly and when I gave it to her, she said, "Pink? Heart? Eat it?"  She's just way too smart!  Once I assured her it was indeed to be eaten, she had no problems digging in!  And don't you love the hair?  She get's it from her momma, bless her heart!

Even though Elly has awesome grandparents that offered to babysit so we could go out, we just decided to cook at home.  By the time we got home from work, changed, and got out we would've had to wait so long, we just thought it would be easier this way.  And it was!  Here was our meal!  I think it was Elly's first time having asparagus and she actually ate it really good!


After supper, we let Elly open a few little gifts we got her!

She got a couple new books!

And this ginormous Dora doll that I found on clearance at Walgreens!  I thought it would be perfect for her to sit at her table and have tea parties with so maybe Mommy could have a little break!

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!  We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment