Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend

We had a great weekend filled with lots of friends and family.  Friday was just a laid back night at home.  Saturday we got up early and went to KB's for breakfast.  I love when we do that!  It just starts our day off good.  We used to do it all the time, but it had been a while since we'd gone.  We rushed home from breakfast because my friend, Chrisy was coming over with her adorable twin girls, Ella and Sophia.  They are 19 months old so they have a lot in common with Elly.  It had been way too long since we got together and the girls had so much fun playing together.  I think the last time we saw them, they weren't even crawling.  It was a lot easier that time!  They just sat and played with whatever we put in front of them.  This time they were running all over the place and dumping out all sorts of toys!  But that means they had fun, so it's all good with me!  They stayed for lunch and then headed home because it was naptime for everyone!  Here's some pics of them playing...it is not easy to get pictures of 3 toddlers!

I can't really tell them apart so I'm not sure which one this is, but isn't she just so cute!  I was so jealous of their pigtails!

Elly riding her horse

For some reason they wanted to climb in this shelf thing...it normally holds containers of toys but they dumped all that out and climbed inside!

Combing Elly's hair!  Most of our friend's kids are boys so it was fun to watch Elly do girly things!

Elly giving kisses!  Please excuse her crazy hair...she kept pulling her pony tail out!

Look at all those toys!

We tried to pose them for a picture and this is the best we got!  Still pretty cute, huh?!!


At the same time as the girls were destroying my house playing, Casey's friend Brad came over to help him smoke some ribs!  We came up with this great idea last weekend when the weather was so pretty.  I tried to tell them it was going to be nasty this weekend, but they didn't care and wanted to do it anyway.  So they spent the day smoking ribs in the new smoker Casey's dad had gotten for Christmas. We also smoked a boston butt and let me tell you, it was all SO GOOD!  I think I could become addicted to smoking meats!  I made some sides and we had a great meal!  Brad's wife and Casey's parents came over too and Krystal ended up coming too because she got off work early.  It was a great time!  I meant to take some pictures, but completely forgot!

Today, we went to church...where Elly went to her little class again with no problems!  It took us so long to get to this point so I'm proud of her!  We went to the nursing home to see Grandma Tanner for a little bit and then came home for lunch.  Casey's parents came by to have leftovers with us.  We made chocolate chip cookies (not sure why since we have leftover coconut cream pie) and hung out for a little bit and finally got Elly down for a nap.  I think she has another cold coming on, but I'm hoping it's just allergies.  Getting her to take a nap and go to bed tonight was harder than usual and I'm betting that's why.  We shall see. Spent the rest of the day watching basketball, doing laundry and picking up everything to get ready for the week.  

Hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment